AT A GLANCE:
Team’s Final Overall Record:
12 wins, 5 losses (17 games total)
2017 FIBA Women’s AmeriCup
Opponents: Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico, Paraguay and Puerto Rico.
- Miranda did not join Team Canada until the final phase this summer; taking some time off earlier in the national team season.
- Joined Team Canada for the 2017 FIBA Women’s AmeriCup, that was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in August. The AmeriCup serves as the qualification tournament for the FIBA Women’s World Cup next year in Spain.
- Miranda played all 6 games at the Americup, averaging 23 mintues a game while captaining the Canadian side for the first time.
- Team Canada went 6-0 in the tournament, defending their Americas title in a thrilling gold medal game against Argentina in front of a hostile and passionate home crowd.
- Miranda was named on the All-Star Five team, joining her Canadian teammate Nirra Fields who was named the tournament MVP.
FULL GAME REPLAYS:
Watch full game replays of the 2017 FIBA Women’s AmeriCup below, featuring Miranda in all 6 games:
- August 6th: Group Game vs. Cuba (W 35-81)
- August 7th: Group Game vs. Puerto Rico (W 75-59)
- August 8th: Group Game vs. Mexico (W 39-65)
- August 10th: Group Game vs. Paraguay (W 84-64)
- August 12th: Semifinal vs. Brazil (W 85-45)
- August 13th: Finals vs. Argentina (W 67-65)
- August 13th: All-Star Five, Medal Ceremony & Anthem
*stats are based on compiling info from various sources–may not be 100% accurate.
Please visit the photo galleries for 2017 Team Canada season photos.