Team’s Overall Record:
10 wins, 9 losses (19 games total)
2012 FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournament and 2012 London Olympics
Argentina, Australia, China (3), Croatia (2), Czech Republic, France (3), Great Britain (3), Japan, Mali, Russia and USA.
- Capped off a busy summer season with Team Canada by making her Olympic debut at London 2012, playing in 5 games.
- London 2012 marked Canada’s return to the Olympic stage, having last appeared at the 2000 Sydney Games.
- In London, Canada advanced into the quarter-finals of the Olympics for the first time, where they lost to the eventual gold medalists, the United States.
- Qualified for the Olympics on Canada Day in Ankara, Turkey by securing the last available Olympic berth with a big win over Japan. Miranda played in all 5 games in Turkey, averaging 16 minutes.
- Took part in exhibition games in Scotland and France, playing against top countries including Great Britain, France, Croatia and Czech Republic.
- Played in all three domestic games vs. China in British Columbia, earning team MVP for the first match where she scored a game-high 12 points and pulled down 6 rebounds.
*stats are based on compiling info from various sources–may not be 100% accurate.
Check out some select photos of Miranda from the 2012 Team Canada season.
Please visit the photo galleries for additional photos.