AT A GLANCE:
Team’s Overall Record:
8 wins, 12 losses (20 games)
2011 FIBA Americas Championship for Women (First shot Olympic Qualifier)
Argentina, Brazil, China (3), Cuba, Jamaica, Japan (3), Mexico and Puerto Rico (2).
- Played all 5 games at the 2011 FIBA Americas Championship for Women held in Neiva, Colombia. Miranda led the entire tournament in blocks per game.
- Played in both exhibition games vs. Puerto Rico in preparation for FIBA Americas Championships, averaging a little under 20 minutes per game.
- Returned to Team Canada action following her release from the WNBA when she traveled to Asia to participate in friendly matches against both Japan and China.
- In the series against China, Miranda averaged just over 20 minutes and 8 points over 3 games. Similarly, in the three-game series against Japan, Miranda averaged close to 20 minutes and contributed 8 points per game.
- Did not take part in Canada’s European phase at the beginning of the summer due to conflicting WNBA schedule.
*stats are based on compiling info from various sources–may not be 100% accurate.
Check out some select photos of Miranda from the 2011 Team Canada season.
Please visit the photo galleries for additional photos.