Team’s Overall Record:
U21s: 4 wins, 4 losses (8 games)
U19s: 3 wins, 5 losses (8 games)
2007 FIBA U21 World Championships and 2007 FIBA U19 World Championships
U21s: 8 games
U19s: 8 games
U21s: Australia, Belgium (2), Brazil, China, France, Mali and Russia.
U19s: Australia, Brazil (2), China, Czech Republic, Japan, Serbia and Sweden.
- One of only 6 players who participated in both of FIBA’s U21 and U19 World Championships for Women.
- In Moscow, Russia, Miranda played in all eight games of FIBA’s U21 World Championships for Women averaging over 6 points and 6 rebounds the entire tournament. She scored a team high of 13 points in the game against Russia while pulling down 14 rebounds against Brazil.
- The team finished in 6th place at the U21 Worlds, Canada’s best result for any age-group women’s team to that point in what would be the last World Championships at the U21 age level.
- Again, played in all eight games at the FIBA U19 World Championships for Women later in the summer held in Bratislava, Slovakia where the team finished in 9th place.
- Miranda averaged close to 10 points and 10 rebounds per game at the U19 Worlds, leading her team in rebounds. Pulled down 15 rebounds in win over Japan while also scoring and rebounding 14 against the Czech Republic. She also recorded 12 points and 13 rebounds against China.
*stats are based on compiling info from various sources–may not be 100% accurate.
Check out some select photos of Miranda from the 2007 Team Canada season.
Please visit the photo galleries for additional photos.