4-year letter winner at Pepperdine University from 2006-2010.
AT A GLANCE:
- Had one of the top careers in Pepperdine history.
- A three-time All-WCC first team selection (only the fourth player at Pepperdine to earn the award three times).
- Also a three-time WCC All-Academic selection (the first Pepperdine player to do so).
- Set the school career record for blocked shots with 182.
- Finished eighth in career scoring (1,377) and rebounding (735).
- Averaged 11.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in 119 games (100 starts).
- Also on the career charts, finished fourth in blocks per game (1.5), fifth in field goals made (581), sixth in games played (119), sixth in minutes played (3,334) and seventh in field goals attempted (1,201).
*stats are based on compiling info from various sources–may not be 100% accurate.
(From Pepperdine’s official website.)
- Earned West Coast Conference Commissioner’s “Silver Honors”.
- Became the fourth player in Pepperdine history to earn three-time All-WCC first team honors as a senior.
- Chosen as the Division I-AAA women’s basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Led the Waves in scoring (15.0) and rebounding (6.7).
- Set the school record for blocked shots in a season with 85 and ranked 15th nationally in blocks (2.7)
- In the WCC, ranked second in blocks, sixth in scoring, sixth in rebounding, eighth in steals (1.6), 10th in minutes (32.1) and 11th in field goal percentage (44.7%)
- The only player in the conference to finish in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding, steals and blocks.
- Started all 32 games.
- Scored in double-figures 27 times and had 20 or more points five times.
- Posted six double-doubles.
- Scored a career-high 29 points on two occasions vs. Santa Clara (1/14 and 2/13).
- Tied the school record for blocked shots in a game with nine vs. Saint Mary’s (2/25).
- Earned WCC co-Player of the Week honors twice. First came after averaging 17.7 points in games against UC Riverside (11/24), Providence (11/27) and Purdue (11/29). Second came after averaging 23.5 points in road wins against Santa Clara (1/14) and San Francisco (1/16).
- Made the WCC Championships all-tournament team after averaging 12.0 points.
- Selected to the Arizona State Classic all-tournament team after averaging 16.0 points and 10.0 rebounds.
- Scored 19 points in the WNIT game at Brigham Young.
- Other season highs were 12 rebounds at Arizona State (12/5), five steals vs. Providence (11/27), three assists (several times) and 44 minutes vs. San Diego (2/27).
- Named Pepperdine’s Female Athlete of the Year.
- Made the CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District first team and the WCC All-Academic first team and was a Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award candidate, an Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar and a WCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll “silver” honoree.
Junior 2008-09 Season:
- Made the All-WCC first team for the second time as a junior.
- Averaged team bests of 11.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 27.9 minutes.
- In the WCC, ranked sixth in blocked shots, eighth in field goal percentage (46.4%), 10th in steals (1.5), 13th in scoring and 13th in rebounding.
- Started 27 of 28 games and averaged 27.9 minutes.
- Scored in double-figures 20 times.
- Had four double-doubles.
- Scored a season-high 19 points vs. San Francisco.
- Had 11 rebounds twice (at Cal State Fullerton and vs. Loyola Marymount).
- Other season highs were five blocks (vs. Loyola Marymount), five steals (at Northern Arizona and vs. Santa Clara), three assists (vs. San Jose State) and 40 minutes (vs. LMU).
- Named to the All-Tournament teams at both the Timeout 4 HIV/AIDS Tournament and the Rainbow Wahine Classic.
- Was selected as Pepperdine’s Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year, made the CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District third team and was on the WCC All-Academic team for the second time.
- Earned WCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll “silver” honors.
- Named to the Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar second team.
- Earned All-WCC first team honors as a sophomore.
- Finished second on the team in scoring with 13.1 points and led the squad in rebounding at 8.7.
- Led the WCC in field goal percentage (55.6%).
- Also finished second in rebounding, third in blocked shots (1.96), eighth in scoring and 14th in free throw percentage (72.7%).
- Tied for fifth in Pepperdine single-season history with 55 blocks
- One of two players to start all 28 games and averaged 31.5 minutes.
- Had nine double-doubles.
- Reached double-figures in scoring 17 times and in rebounding.
- Had 20 or more points six times.
- Scored a season-high 24 points along with 13 rebounds vs. San Diego.
- Had 19 points and a career-high 18 rebounds at Saint Mary’s.
- Other season highs were 44 minutes (vs. Portland), two assists (several times), seven blocked shots (vs. Loyola Marymount and at Saint Mary’s) and five steals (at Santa Clara).
- Named to the WCC All-Academic team and earned WCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll “silver” honors.
Freshman 2006-07 Season:
- Averaged 6.7 points and 4.1 rebounds as a true freshman.
- Played in all 31 games and started 13, averaging 20.7 minutes.
- Shot 50.0% from the field.
- Scored in double-figures nine times and was in double-figures in rebounds three times.
- Named to the all-tournament team at the Pepperdine Thanksgiving Classic.
- Scored a season-high 20 points vs. Tennessee Tech.
- Had her first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds vs. UC Santa Barbara.
- Pulled down a season-high 11 rebounds at the WCC Tournament vs. Saint Mary’s.
- Other season highs were 39 minutes (at San Diego State), three assists (vs. Saint Mary’s), two blocked shots (several times) and three steals (at Texas A&M).
- Earned WCC Commissioner’s Honor Roll “gold” honors.
Check out some select photos of Miranda at Pepperdine.
Please visit the photo galleries for additional photos.